Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lessons 31-35

Lesson #31 (Indians, only you will understand this one): Its inevitable... we will eventually become just like our parents. Lately, I have found myself doing things that I used to make fun of my parents for doing or found strange. For example, I have been packing snacks for traveling and taking food for later when it's been free. My huge ass purse is now packed full with a random assortment of things that my mom always used to carry on her "just in case": a variety of medicine for almost every ailment, Neosporin, bandaids, tweezers, nailclippers, lotion, sunscreen, bugspray, glasses case, extra case for contacts, floss, pens, and at least 4 different maps on top of all the usual stuff (minus the wallet cause it got stolen). Also, I noticed that my feet had swollen during the bus ride to Mendoza, something that my mom always complains about on long car rides. I've started to get heartburn, have stolen hot sauce whenever I find it (nice restaurants included), wash and refill water bottles, wear sneakers and long socks when sightseeing, and take super touristy pictures of everyone when they don't want their picture to be taken. It's actually really scary. Who knows, maybe I'll end up coming home with really short hair and an Indian accent...

Lesson #32: Taking things from bars is just as fun (and gratifying) in another country as it is back home. Don't act shocked or baffled to hear me say such a thing because lets be real, whether its the drink mats behind the bar, beer glasses, or a book that's part of the decor (you know who you are), you've all done it. At the house, we have graciously been provided with lime green plastic mugs to hold our liquids. Needless to say, beer and wine and other such drinks don't taste as well when sipped responsibly from such containers. In an effort to provide ourselves with a classier, tastier way to drink, the residents of the house have taken it upon themselves to take glasses from the bars that we go to. This means that 1) beer is ordered from the tap, never in a bottle 2) girls take big purses and 3) girls hold any jackets and purses containing the glasses when entering clubs and bars because only guys get pat searched. For those of you that are shaking your head disapprovingly, don't expect me to bring you a glass back.

Lesson #33: A kiwi a day keeps the doctor away. The kiwis here are incredibly delicious, and have replaced the banana/apple that I eat with yogurt for lunch everyday. I'm not sure why, but they are seriously so good. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment